Callsign Designators

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
mikeis59

Callsign Designators

Post by mikeis59 »

I am new to this forum and do not want to seem like a know it all, but I believe in your call
sighn designators section for RSO X-Ray means female. I am a long time scanner buff and I think this is a great site for Riverside County scanner buffs. I have been scanning for probably 30 years at least. Yes I am old man 59 yrs.old. GREAT SITE
Biocal

Re: Callsign Designators

Post by Biocal »

I would agree. Code enforcement may use this designator however they are not part of RSO. There are a couple of designators missing from the list that RSO does use: TARGET, ACADEMY, and CIVIL. Target is used for special enforcement teams that "target" high crime areas or certain crimes. Mostly used in the MoVal area. Academy is used by the academy staff. Civil is used by court services and I also don't believe E-C is used for Electronic Confinement Monitoring Unit (I will check though). It may however stand for East-Court for east county court security and court room designators on the west end use WEST COURT as their designators.
Biocal

Post by Biocal »

SO I checked and there is a Electronic Confinement Unit, however I dont know what their designator is?
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Electronic Confinement is an office at Smith Correctional Facility. Besides going out to get lunch, I don't think they go into the field, thus no radio designator. Are you sure you are not hearing BC instead of EC? BC is the official RSO designator for Banning Corrections aka SCF.
rolncode2892

Post by rolncode2892 »

EC units do have designators as they are in the field often. They are 5EC500 units.....
brandon

Post by brandon »

When I heard the EC unit they were on a stop Hwy 60 east of Moreno Valley.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Another unit designator I'm hearing lately is "SD". Sounded like some type of transport unit and their radio was 5133.
Biocal

Post by Biocal »

Brandon-

Ever since the inmate escapes last month in the Indio area, all RSO transport runs have been logging in with dispatch. R-C (RPDC), S-C (Southwest Jail), I-C (Indio Jail). I believe B-C is for Banning Jail (Smith Correctional Facility), but haven't heard this designator used yet. I have no idea what Blythe Jail uses since I don't ever monitor that area. Also I heard a "Temecula Ranger" unit the other day. Have no idea what that is used for.

Chris
brandon

Post by brandon »

Thanks Chris. Makes perfect sense since they were at SW Jail
brandon

Post by brandon »

I heard B-C used today, the unit switched to Cabazon.
I also hear S-C a lot today for runs between RPDC and Banning. ??