Jurupa repeater down?

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
retiredFD07

Jurupa repeater down?

Post by retiredFD07 »

I'm not hearing anything on the Jurupa repeater anymore (867.7625). Does anyone know it's status?
sp1989

Re: Jurupa repeater down?

Post by sp1989 »

Not working or switched to another freq? I punched it in after reading your post, nada. Will check some of the other non-trunked RSO 800 freqs to see if it was moved for some reason. They do that once in a while,like with the jail non-trunked freq.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

Thanks, I wasn't aware they changed freqs as a routine. When I get the chance, and it won't be for a couple of weeks, I'll do a day-long continuose search of 850 - 868 and see what I come up with. Haven't done that in a long time anyway, it's due.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

Just completed a search for a new Jurupa repeater freq. Searched 850.0 - 868.9875 while there was voice activation on TG 0273. Couldn't find an active repeater, so I'm back to the original question: Does anyone know the status of the repeater, or if RCSO has discontinued it's use?
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

It wouldn't surprise me if it was just shut down. The deputies out there never much cared for the conventional radios put in to give them coverage. They turned out to pretty much be a wasted and unappreciated effort.
rolncode2892

Post by rolncode2892 »

The Jurupa and Norco conventional repeaters were shut down and the channels removed from all the radios. I was told the frequencies they were using were unauthorized by the FCC or something like that. At any rate, they were rarely used. The new radio system is *suppose* to be on-line next spring (2011) and fully functional by that fall. Who knows though.
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

rolncode2892 wrote:... I was told the frequencies they were using were unauthorized by the FCC or something like that.
That's not quite right. At the time they were turned up, they were operated under the terms of existing licenses, and were very much authorized frequencies. Later, the FCC issued a statement that ruled that frequencies licensed for trunked use could not be used in conventional service. They could be licensed separately for conventional, though. But why bother, because...
rolncode2892 wrote:...At any rate, they were rarely used.
Make that "never".
rolncode2892 wrote:The new radio system is *suppose* to be on-line next spring (2011) and fully functional by that fall. Who knows though.
I'm hearing noises that it'll be closer to 4q, 2012.