Threats broadcast on police, fire radios

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
sp1989

Re: Threats broadcast on police, fire radios

Post by sp1989 »

Crikey! What a nightmare! That's the guy that posts on here and his wife. In fact, I think he posted about him and his spouse sleeping with scanners going in the background....I guess that's what happens when you OD on scanner listening. That's too bad. I sure hope Dianne Feinstein doesn't get wind of this....15 day wait with criminal and mental health history check to buy a radio of any type, a ban on public possession of any radio that can transmit OR readily be modified to transmit on public safety freqs, a ban on civilian possession of high-capacity, rapid fire "police scanners" (anything over ten channels and a scan rate of faster that 1 step per second), expanding the ban on frequency reception of cell phones to include ANY frequency which may ever be used by a public safety agency. Remember, civilians have no need for such dangerous electronic equipment, only the police and military can be trusted with such technology. Remember, if it only saves ONE life, it's a small price to pay.....

I'm only kidding just a little bit, just look at the ECPA of 1986.