Radio Shack amplified speakers being discontinued

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
tk353

Radio Shack amplified speakers being discontinued

Post by tk353 »

catalog number 21-541 includes all hardware $8.97 plus tax total 10.00 going fast. Bought 5 at Radio shack at Hardman center near Sears.
retiredFD07

Re: Radio Shack amplified speakers being discontinued

Post by retiredFD07 »

R/S is getting out of the "radio" business. I was in NJ last month and tried to get a base antenna and a mobile mag-mount to use while staying at my dad's place. Tried two local R/S's, only to be told they only carry hand-helds now, with rubber ducky antenna - nothing else. When I got back to CA I checked three of the local R/S's. What they have is limited, and they're getting rid of everything. I picked up a couple of base antenna's a few "stubby" HH antenna's (.97 each), some cable, and a few connectors. Another few months and all of this stuff will be gone from R/S.

Besides Ham Radio outlet, or on-line, does anyone know where we radio enthusiast's can go to in the SoCal area to buy the accessories - antennas, cable, connectors, adapters, etc?

<>< Mike
tk353

Re: Radio Shack amplified speakers being discontinued

Post by tk353 »

If in Riverside I use Communication Innovation off West La Cadena and Center. Near Ontario and or Victorville the Pilot Truck Stop they have a section for truckers.