CHP

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
IEscanner

CHP

Post by IEscanner »

Hi I am having trouble with receiving CHP transmissions I was picking them up before but now I don't get much.
Lost in east Hemet..
sp1989

Re: CHP

Post by sp1989 »

I don't listen to CHP on a usual basis (used to monitor 15 scanners with all CHP traffic for a radio news station years ago...yikes!) but I know they just shuffled their frequencies around. Have you tried just searching low band?
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

I don't know which CHP offices you're trying to receive, but as for your local offices - Riverside is still using 39.68, Temecula is still usung 39.8, and I'm still hearing Coachella Valley area traffic on 42.44, but I haven't taken the time to confirm if I'm hearing Banning, Indio, or both. As was previously mentioned, CHP appears to be changing from 42MHZ base stations to 39MHZmhz, 44MHZ, and 45MHZ repeaters. If you spend a couple of days seaching these four frequencies you'll have a pretty good idea who is using what. I search these every once in awhile and almost always come up with a new freq - usually in the L.A. area, but as the old freqs change you'll see the new ones all over.

<>< Mike
IEscanner

Post by IEscanner »

Thanks for the help, I was doing some updates on my Pro-107 I had to change a couple of my play groups had RSO mixed in with other agencies I entered the wrong play group number when programing. I listen to CHP every once in a while I listen to border division and Indio San Gorgonio Pass. I fixed the problem I needed to update my Library in my Pro 107 I missed the last three data base updates I had the old frequencies, I downloaded the new data good as new now. I see the CHP updated again in the last 24 hrs.
Thanks
Lou