New to RSO and Confused

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
cvrules90

Re: New to RSO and Confused

Post by cvrules90 »

May I suggest that to clearly get Blythe you point your antenna in the general (east) direction of Blythe?
krazybob

Post by krazybob »

krazybob wrote:
cvrules90 wrote:I'm at 6,300 feet overlooking the Inland Empire. Even pointed at Elsinore I hear everything except Blythe. I want to hear everything but not Temecula specifcally.
There is absolutley no possibility of hearing Blythe from Running Springs or even from Keller Peak at over 8,000 feet. For a frame of reference on my experience level I run 16 streaming audio feeds from this location and have 8 others around southern California that are all remote controlled. My questions were related more to how RSO's system works rather than technically how to receive a site some distance away. I amy not even be able to hear Blythe from here because of geography. But I cannot imagine the river being that exciting except during the summer.

You guys have been great with the information. Maybe I'll find someone that lives out near Blythe to place another remote.

Bob
http://scannerbuff.net
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

What I've found on a website is that it's enough to program just the site you can hear best. Like I said I'm no expert but what I can tell you is having the South site is well enough to hear everything (as long have all the desired TGs).

On another note, only Palm Desert Police dispatch rebroadcasts on the west site, and Temecula Police rebroadcasts in the desert areas (albeit it never did to me). I did have luck getting Cabazon on the desert site when I visited but I'm guessing that patrol cars crossed over and so it let me hear all the traffic.
krazybob

Post by krazybob »

cvrules90 wrote:What I've found on a website is that it's enough to program just the site you can hear best. Like I said I'm no expert but what I can tell you is having the South site is well enough to hear everything (as long have all the desired TGs).

On another note, only Palm Desert Police dispatch rebroadcasts on the west site, and Temecula Police rebroadcasts in the desert areas (albeit it never did to me). I did have luck getting Cabazon on the desert site when I visited but I'm guessing that patrol cars crossed over and so it let me hear all the traffic.
I programmed all TG's into one bank and never pnce heard Palm or Blythe. TG's from West, Central, Desert and South do come in on South -- just not Blythe or Palm. It's a conspiracy!
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Don't know what to tell you.

As a tip, if you're having trouble listening to Cabazon or Jurupa Valley, there are 800MHz f requs (conventional) that simulcast them but I can't exactly remember what they are.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

When they first went to the trunked system in the 90's, that was one of the big selling points, that you could talk to a unit on the Colorado river from the old academy on Castellano Rd. I have never tried, but assumed you could get Blythe from the local site by just putting in the TGs, but from what y'all are saying, I guess that was B.S. I have discovered a lot of RSO is B.S...
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

What really killed me with my PRO 164 is that you have to use multiple banks (i.e. one bank for west, central, Blythe area etc...) instead of entering all LCN values into one bank. The instructions were clear that only one TRS could be stored per bank but did not say anything about entering networked EDACS systems as seperate EDACS Standard systems.
krazybob

Post by krazybob »

cvrules90 wrote:Don't know what to tell you.

As a tip, if you're having trouble listening to Cabazon or Jurupa Valley, there are 800MHz f requs (conventional) that simulcast them but I can't exactly remember what they are.
I can hear Cabazon and Jurupa just fine. I cannot hear Blythe and there is no way that I will hear Blythe directly.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I'm almost 100% sure that it's because none of the eastern talkgroups come up on the west side of the county. Likewise, if you were actually living in the Blythe area, you would have a hard time picking up Norco or Moreno Valley as the western talkgroups won't come up on the east side of the county.