RSO TRS and PRO 164

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
cvrules90

RSO TRS and PRO 164

Post by cvrules90 »

I need to make sure I understand this correctly. (It might have been answered already but I don't feel like searching) but anyway...

I know that I need to program this networked system into each bank as a seperate EDACS STANDARD system. The part that I don't get is since the desert and southern sites have the same LCN frequencies, is it enough to just program one set, or would I need both? That is, would it be enough to with the following:

Bank 1 = West
Bank 2 = Central
Bank 3 = Desert/South
Bank 4 = Blythe
Bank 5 = Santa Rosa*

*Is Santa Rosa even neccessary? I know it's a fill-in site but will I miss any messages without it?
temfreqhunter

Re: RSO TRS and PRO 164

Post by temfreqhunter »

Unfortunately, you cannot combine the south and desert systems into one for a couple of reasons. First, the control channels are transmitting different data. Second, the south system has two more LCN's than the desert system; this means that you would miss a significant number of radio transmissions. Depending on where you are located, you are only going to get either the desert or south system. The Santa Rosa site is a fill in site for poor-coverage areas; actually, you could use this for monitoring the desert and south system. What I would suggest is to program the site (South or Desert) that you are closest to, and use the Santa Rosa site to monitor the other system that you didn't program.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I just noticed that the last 3 LCNs for the south system are different than those of the desert system. I always thought they were the same and that it'd be enough to enter one set but now I see how wrong I was.

With that in mind, since I'll be in the desert area, would it be enough to program the desert frequencies for the local area, and then the Santa Rosa frequencies to receive cars from Temecula and Jurupa?
temfreqhunter

Post by temfreqhunter »

That would work perfectly. The trick is to experiment with different setups and see which one works best for you. If the Santa Rosa system does not work for you, try the Central system. Sometimes, Temecula and Jurupa will bounce off the Central.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Yeah well I had Cabazon hit on the desert system on my last visit on several occassions.