Riverside PD Dispatch

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
cvrules90

Re: Riverside PD Dispatch

Post by cvrules90 »

So I guess that everyday Ops are still on Ch. 1 so do they use Ch. 3 at all now?
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I haven't heard anything on CH1 in eons...see earlier post, interference from another system. I don't listen much unless something is happening in my neighborhood...too many years of LEO work, I'm sick of cop crap on the scanner. I'm more mil-av these days....
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

That's plain insanity! So that translates to one less channel available. I can only imagine just how excited RCPD must be to make the change to the PSEC.
brandon

Post by brandon »

I thought RPD was staying on their UHF system. Where did you hear they are moving to PSEC?
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I didn't actually hear anything. I'm just speculating given the trouble they had with Ch. 1.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Riverside County tried to get Riverside City and Corona to be a part of their EDACS system, and they both opted to stick with their existing radios. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The EDACS system has been a nightmare as far as coverage, and they did the right thing. Hopefully, they will again with any new systems. That's a lot of money to shell out for all new, unproven equipment in these financially strained (a depression) times. And we can monitor them!
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Here's a funny and typical RSO story. When they were first going to the new trunked system, the Sgt. who was in charge thought he found a good deal on some very lightly used MDTs from Santa Monica PD, and purchased them. After it was too late, it was discovered that the SMPD equipment was Motorola and incompatible with the EDACS system being installed at Com Center. Not long after, he was transferred to the bomb squad.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

LOL fancy that!