RSO/Perris Dispatch

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
temfreqhunter

RSO/Perris Dispatch

Post by temfreqhunter »

Hey, does anyone know if Riverside Sherriff's Department or Riverside County Fire has any "tours" or walk throughs of their dispatch centers?
sp1989

Re: RSO/Perris Dispatch

Post by sp1989 »

RSO is pretty friendly when it comes to tours of their facilities, especially if it is for a prospective employee (hint, hint). As long as you are not a parolee it should be fine (not that I think you are). Just call up the place you want a tour of and inquire, I'm sure you'll be happy.
temfreqhunter

Post by temfreqhunter »

Okay. Do you know of any age restrictions that they may have?
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I seem to remember 14 as the cut off for RSO, it might be different for Fire, plus it depends on who you know as well.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

As far as I know, CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire allows tours. I don't know if there an age restriction. Just call the command center and ask.

http://www.rvcfire.org/opencms/function ... mbers.html
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

On my last visit, I toured the old Palm Desert Station. I was 19 at the time and my friend who went with me was in his 30s. It was kinda shakey as it was New Year's Eve but it ended up being my lucky day (or rather, OUR lucky day).

And lol had I not said that I had a flight back the next day, I probably wouldn't have been as lucky.