audio feeds.

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
brandon

Re: audio feeds.

Post by brandon »

Sounds like the volume is too high. Go into the Windows control panel / sound mixer and turn off the microphone gain. It might say "AGC" if you have one of those el cheapo USB sound cards.
marknel

Post by marknel »

Thanks Brandon. I did turn the level down on the line in device and that took most of the horrible sound away. I've got an ANT-135 antenna on the way as well as a ground loop filter.

I appreciate the patience as I dip my feet into the scanner world :)
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Why doesn't this thing work for me? I use Windows Media Player to try and follow the feed. However, it won't acknowledge pressing the Play button.
marknel

Post by marknel »

I've thought the same thing when I first loaded this up. For me, since Riverside can have slow days, and this is most certainly true in the early morning and late nights, there are times where it can be 10 min between radio activity. When you click on the "listen" link, and windows media player opens let it run for 5 to 10 min and there will be activity.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

What I mean is, I press Play on Windows Media Player but it doesn't change at all! It just shows the Play arrow no matter how many times.
marknel

Post by marknel »

cvrules90 wrote:What I mean is, I press Play on Windows Media Player but it doesn't change at all! It just shows the Play arrow no matter how many times.
I will have to check mine when I get back home. I seem to remember mine being the same way, but the feed still plays. I could be mis-remembering. In any case I'll follow up later today.