Goodhew Ambulance

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
temfreqhunter

Goodhew Ambulance

Post by temfreqhunter »

Recently (past two days or so), I have been seeing Goodhew ambulances around the city of Temecula, and have not seen ANY AMR units around. Did the county dump AMR's contract?
brandon

Re: Goodhew Ambulance

Post by brandon »

Still have AMR units here in Moreno Valley. One going by code 3 as we speak.

Do the Goodhew Ambulances appear to have comm gear? Might be worth checking for radio activity.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

AMR bought out Goodhew years ago. From what I have been told, AMR made up some ambulances to look like the old Goodhew ambulances as an incentive and employee moral. I don't know how many we're made up like Goodhew. If you look at the orange stripe on the ambulance, it says American Medical Response.
markb

Goodhew Ambulance

Post by markb »

temfreqhunter wrote:Did the county dump AMR's contract?
Now that is funny stuff!!!!! :)

AMR has recently "redecorated" a few ambulances.
In addition to the Goodhew theme, there is at least one that is white with almost all blue striping and lettering, but it's got a Cystic Fibrosis theme.
temfreqhunter

Post by temfreqhunter »

markb wrote:

AMR has recently "redecorated" a few ambulances.
In addition to the Goodhew theme, there is at least one that is white with almost all blue striping and lettering, but it's got a Cystic Fibrosis theme.
The only reason I ask is because I read a few documents from the county that stated they were thinking of changing service providers.
tk353

Post by tk353 »

I think the parent company is LaidLaw.
markb

Goodhew Ambulance

Post by markb »

temfreqhunter wrote:
markb wrote:
The only reason I ask is because I read a few documents from the county that stated they were thinking of changing service providers.
Yeah. There is talk of putting it out to bid (which AMR would win), but there is also talk of AMR wanting automatic renewal of their contract without ever competitively bidding.
Don't wanna turn this into a political rant, but AMR is very powerful in this county and they have done a great job of greasing the palms of the local politicians.
I'm sure they will have a major presence in Riverside County forever.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

It'd be nice to see a pice of a Goodhew ambulance. I might have seen one once when I was little little growing up in the Coachella Valley.