Pagers

Topics about scanning the Riverside County Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other RVC fire scanning topics.
brandon

Pagers

Post by brandon »

Anyone know if the RVC fire calls are sent to pagers and if so what provider they use? Use VHF or one of the 900 MHz FLEX networks or something else? I really haven't looked around for them... the only ones I remember finding locally are from LA, SB and San Diego. Need to put this 4 level data slicer to work unless somebody knows offhand where they might be :mrgreen:
4and6

Re: Pagers

Post by 4and6 »

brandon wrote:Anyone know if the RVC fire calls are sent to pagers and if so what provider they use? Use VHF or one of the 900 MHz FLEX networks or something else? I really haven't looked around for them... the only ones I remember finding locally are from LA, SB and San Diego. Need to put this 4 level data slicer to work unless somebody knows offhand where they might be :mrgreen:
I believe the pagers are VHF(151.130 mhz PL 98.3) units with tone specific to their station. I see the guys and gals carry them and they are large. :D
markb

Re: Pagers

Post by markb »

I've seen some of the BC's with pagers before. I think the use a commercial network, like Metrocall.
Also, I saw a paging receiver a while back on EBay that had Monte Vista data displayed on it and the freq was 152.0025 or something odd like that, FWIW.