I-Calls for RSO

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
convE36

I-Calls for RSO

Post by convE36 »

Can someone explain I-Calls? Does RSO use these often? My new BC246T says it supports these...??? Can the Pro-97 find them?

Any info on RSO I-Calls would be MUCH helpful!
brandon

Re: I-Calls for RSO

Post by brandon »

i-calls are individual calls between one radio and another. RSO refers to it as "individual". Most of the i-calls are rather boring (the motor officers really use and abuse them :mrgreen: ) but sometimes there is interesting stuff to be heard. Dispatch may use it to contact deputies that don't respond to their safety check and Star-9 uses them as well. I suggest programming some individual radio ID's for special units such as helicopters and K-9's instead of the general i00000 (wildcard group) to avoid hearing all the boring chit-chat. You may also program the Dispatch console ... I believe it is either 101 or 107 they use for i-calls. I'll have to check next time they use it.

So in your scanner they would be entered in the talkgroups area but start with an "i" followed by the radio ID.
i10991 for Star 91
i10992 for Star 92
i10993 for Star 93
i10994 for Star 94
i10995 for Star 95
i10996 for Star 96
i00101 for Dispatch Console
i00107 for Dispatch Console
If you wanted to hear EVERY i-call on the site you would enter i00000 for the ID.

The nice thing about adding individual radio IDs is you still hear the other party that may not be programmed. It works really good!
convE36

Re: I-Calls for RSO

Post by convE36 »

I have noticed the best way to monitor I-Calls is to disable during the day and enable at night.

Like Brandon said, the Motor units (Motorcycle Cops) really abuse that feature! They get annoying. At night, you usually always will hear "good" stuff.

Unless you want to hear the Temecula Motorcycle Cops talk about what they did last weekend or some other dumb conversation.....

Advice on how YOU monitor I-Calls would be great!