Checkpoint Today - Southwest RSO System

Heard something interesting on the scanner? This is the place to share it with the community. Visitors are also welcome to post links to news articles about incidents that occurred in the county.
convE36

Checkpoint Today - Southwest RSO System

Post by convE36 »

RSO has a safety checkpoint in operation this morning in the Southwest System. They are using talk-group "4-Els/Perris"

Anyone know exactly where they are? I think Perris, I have not heard much of any cross-streets or anything to give it away yet.

They are checking for every little detail. I keep hearing them talking about window tint! My windows are really dark and I do not feel like driving through their checkpoint and getting a fix-it ticket :/
ddoug4uonly

Re: Checkpoint Today - Southwest RSO System

Post by ddoug4uonly »

convE36 wrote:RSO has a safety checkpoint in operation this morning in the Southwest System. They are using talk-group "4-Els/Perris"

Anyone know exactly where they are? I think Perris, I have not heard much of any cross-streets or anything to give it away yet.

They are checking for every little detail. I keep hearing them talking about window tint! My windows are really dark and I do not feel like driving through their checkpoint and getting a fix-it ticket :/

If you have a mirror on either side of the vehicle, the only windows you need to worry about tent on are the two front doors and the windshield.
convE36

Post by convE36 »

i have all my windows limo tinted and my front windshield is 2 levels lighter than limo. yeah, its really illegal. but keeps the cars interior amazingly cool, tinting the front windshield made the world of difference. blocks all that heat from coming in. it also helps because my car is a convertible, so with the top up its still usually warm inside. the black cloth top just doesnt help that situation.

I have had all my cars limo tinted like that since I got my drivers license (I'm now 21) and not once had a problem with the cops.

knock on wood of course...
ke6alv

Post by ke6alv »

It was in Perris, as the tow company I dispatch for was working the checkpoint. The dispatcher I relieved didn't bother to tell me about it :evil: , so all I know is what city it was in when one of my drivers called to tell me he was on his way.