Hard or Soft Leather

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
cvrules90

Hard or Soft Leather

Post by cvrules90 »

Can somebody tell me, are police/fire radio pouches hard or soft leather? I'm looking to get one of those swivel cases for my BCD396XT.
sp1989

Re: Hard or Soft Leather

Post by sp1989 »

I haven't seen a leather one in years, these days they are polymer or Kydex that fit the radio shape, the leather ones I have used are all thick, stiff leather like a holster or handcuff case. The thin leather ones I've seen for scanners are pretty much worthless, IMHO. Take your radio to a uniform shop that carries leather gear and find one that fits it, usually they are just laying in bins, I don't think they will mind a test drive on your scanner.
cvrules90

Re: Hard or Soft Leather

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:I haven't seen a leather one in years, these days they are polymer or Kydex that fit the radio shape, the leather ones I have used are all thick, stiff leather like a holster or handcuff case. The thin leather ones I've seen for scanners are pretty much worthless, IMHO. Take your radio to a uniform shop that carries leather gear and find one that fits it, usually they are just laying in bins, I don't think they will mind a test drive on your scanner.
Well thanks for the advice. I'll probably just stick with a hard leather. i'm also going to order a lapel speaker that will let me put it on my shirt like the shoulder mic of an actual radio.