Reporter seeks interview: RivCo Sheriff scrambling signal

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
brokos

Reporter seeks interview: RivCo Sheriff scrambling signal

Post by brokos »

My name is Brian Rokos. I cover public safety in western Riverside County for The Press-Enterprise. I am writing a story about the Riverside County Sheriff's Department's plan to change to a radio system in 2013 that will scramble its signal. That means hobbyists will no longer be able to listen in. If you would like to be interviewed for the story (which would mean using your first and last names), please call me at work at 951-368-9569 or my cell at 949-842-1699.
Thank you.
cvrules90

Re: Reporter seeks interview: RivCo Sheriff scrambling signa

Post by cvrules90 »

brokos wrote:My name is Brian Rokos. I cover public safety in western Riverside County for The Press-Enterprise. I am writing a story about the Riverside County Sheriff's Department's plan to change to a radio system in 2013 that will scramble its signal. That means hobbyists will no longer be able to listen in. If you would like to be interviewed for the story (which would mean using your first and last names), please call me at work at 951-368-9569 or my cell at 949-842-1699.
Thank you.
Unfortunately, I live out of state, but I do enjoy listening to RSO online and when I (rarely) get to go to Palm Desert to pay a visit to some family. Last time i was there was in late 09. I'd be available any weekday morning.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

brokos wrote:My name is Brian Rokos. I cover public safety in western Riverside County for The Press-Enterprise. I am writing a story about the Riverside County Sheriff's Department's plan to change to a radio system in 2013 that will scramble its signal. That means hobbyists will no longer be able to listen in. If you would like to be interviewed for the story (which would mean using your first and last names), please call me at work at 951-368-9569 or my cell at 949-842-1699.
Thank you.
Do you have to be monitoring the west side ? I live in palm desert area..I monitor this side. :mrgreen:
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Thank you.
Could you please put a link to where we can read the interviews-if they're prepared. I'd be interesting to see what all everyone has to say, and also to see how-if at all, this would impact the media.