reception in Idyllwild

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
brandon

reception in Idyllwild

Post by brandon »

I was there today and could not pick up the EDACS system. How does RSO communicate while up there?
4and6

Re: reception in Idyllwild

Post by 4and6 »

Hi, you need the Santa rosa site freq. which are on the mountain above station 39. That are is patroled by helmet station.
brandon

Post by brandon »

I tried both Santa Rosa and Central but did not pick up anything. I only had a HT with me.

You were able to monitor Santa Rosa system from Idyllwild?
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

Brandon,

Are you directing your q to me ?
brandon

Post by brandon »

Yeah I'm curious if you were able to hear it from there. I had no luck even searched 866-868 range with no hits. But I only had the HT so it could just have poor reception.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

Hi Brandon,

I do not pick up the C.C. channel from the basin floor. I will go up the mountain soon to see if I pick up the c.c. channel. I remember last time in went to Temecula which was a month ago I did get the C.C. channel. I heard no traffic on it however. I was traveling Hwy 74 to the Hwy. 271. The repeater is on Toro Peak. :o
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

Elsinore Peak is the site that's always gotten into Idylwild the best. Santa Rosa doesn't work until you get to Mountain Center. That was before Marion Ridge was built. The new system will be at Marion Ridge. There may still be a conventional radio at Marion.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

4and6 wrote: That are is patroled by helmet station.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Cabazon Station share its TGIDs with Hemet?
brandon

Post by brandon »

Yes its on the same talkgroup