Trunked Scanner Programming

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
ddoug4uonly

Trunked Scanner Programming

Post by ddoug4uonly »

Hello

Can you program the entire Riverside County Sherriff Department in one bank using the sub-banks for the different divisions or will the LCN's not correspond with the different tones?

--Doug
convE36

Re: Trunked Scanner Programming

Post by convE36 »

ddoug4uonly wrote:Hello

Can you program the entire Riverside County Sherriff Department in one bank using the sub-banks for the different divisions or will the LCN's not correspond with the different tones?

--Doug
What brand and model scanner do you have? Where are you located or where do you plan on taking your scanner?

!!!Also!!! - Please review this thread I posted regarding Riverside County Sheriffs trunked system, maybe answer some questions for you. (Click the link below, or copy and paste into your browser)

http://scanriverside.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=51

Post by 318 »

Doug,

I'm not sure what you mean as-far as banks and sub-banks. What I have done with my scanners is this:

There are, say 10 banks containing 50 frequency/channels each in my scanner. There are (basically) six RSO systems county-wide. I programmed one trunk system in each bank (so the first six banks of the scanner) based on information obtained from the Scan Riverside website. Each bank/system has its own set of talkgrops. I then used the remaining four banks to store conventional frequencies. One conventional bank went to CalFire/USFS/OES, one to Murrieta, one to Hemet/Banning/Baumont, and one to Riverside City/Corona area.

It may seem like a waste of available channels to some people, however I am only interested in hearing public safety and not much else. The programming works for me and makes it easy to operate the scanner.

Programming everything under the sun that you could possibly listen to in the area seems like a waste of time to me.

If what your asking is, can you program all of the RSO TRS frequencies in on bank, then all of the talkgroups in, the awnser is no. The scanner will not track correctly. You will miss radio traffic. You have to use only on bank per system.

Hope this helps.

~Chad (318)
ddoug4uonly

Post by ddoug4uonly »

Helped perfectly.
Since this original post, I realized that the area I would be covering would only be the southwest Riverside County. So I have programmed my scanner with just the southwest RSO then different cities have their own banks.

I use my scanner only when I work security, and excluding a couple of security companies in the general area and the tow companies I use, I program mainly public safety freqs in to the scanner.

Working security, I have found in the past that it helps to know what is in the area and what might be coming your way.

-- Doug
convE36

Post by convE36 »

ddoug4uonly wrote:Helped perfectly.
Since this original post, I realized that the area I would be covering would only be the southwest Riverside County. So I have programmed my scanner with just the southwest RSO then different cities have their own banks.

I use my scanner only when I work security, and excluding a couple of security companies in the general area and the tow companies I use, I program mainly public safety freqs in to the scanner.

Working security, I have found in the past that it helps to know what is in the area and what might be coming your way.

-- Doug
What company/area do you work for?