My new scanner went for a swim...

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
convE36

My new scanner went for a swim...

Post by convE36 »

So about 30 minutes ago a friend and I were relaxing in beach chairs down at the local beach (Canyon Lake).

I had the scanner on my lap, a beer in my left hand and was texting on my cell phone with my right hand. Waves starting coming in and gnats starting landing on me, next thing you know, my new Uniden BC246T is taking a swim.

It took me about 10-15 seconds just to figure out where the hell it went! Grabbed it, looked at it, and it was still scanning :o

Instantly took out the batterys and starting shaking it to get the water out. LUCKILY this scanner is almost water proof! Came straight home and took it apart, took the air compressor to it (lightly). Maybe a drop or two came out.

It is completely dry now and never had time to rust or corode (is that how you spell it)...

Anyone have any input?
brandon

Re: My new scanner went for a swim...

Post by brandon »

I've washed remote controls and USB keys but not a scanner yet :lol: Good to hear the 246 made it out alive.
convE36

Re: My new scanner went for a swim...

Post by convE36 »

brandon wrote:I've washed remote controls and USB keys but not a scanner yet :lol: Good to hear the 246 made it out alive.
We'll see in about a week, if it's still working then I should be good. I can't count how many cell phones I have dropped in this lake and they all still worked :)