Riverside Fire Dept

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
cvrules90

Re: Riverside Fire Dept

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:It is likely you are out of range because of terrain...especially if you can hear LASO etc...I think terrain is your enemy here. Try a better antenna and/or a pre amp. Years ago I had a Bearcat 250 that wouldn't pick up shit unless it was across the street.....got a pre amp and it was like the blind seeing again. And that was 1982 technology. Don't know if they are still in business but the pre amp I got way back then was a nice unit from Grove electronics, it was like $40 I think. It did wonders with nothing but a whip attached. When I put up a roof antenna I actually had to use the attenuator on a AOR scanner I used to have.
But I've noticed that with the telescoping antenna on my BC340CRS, I can get frequencies WAY far. The crappy antenna on the 396XT certainly can't do well with conventional frequencies unless I'm right on site.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Maybe line of sight, but Corona is in a valley of sorts, and no line of sight to Riverside. I don't think they have any repeaters over Corona way like RSO, OC and others do....I'm only a radio geek and ex cop, not a tech savvy cat like some people on here, maybe they can weigh in on repeater sites for city of Sewercide....peace
markb

Post by markb »

That is very true, especially if you are anywhere near McKinley/Hidden Valley or down towards Cajalco/Eagle Glen areas. I believe that their main repeater site is on Box Springs, which has marginal coverage out this way.

Mark
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

markb wrote:...I believe that their main repeater site is on Box Springs, which has marginal coverage out this way.
This is correct. And they're not at the top of Box Springs. They're about 2/3 of the way up. Coverage in Corona would be hit and miss, depending on where you are.