Federal logs - Coachella Valley to Phoenix on I-10

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
egilstrap62

Re: Federal logs - Coachella Valley to Phoenix on I-10

Post by egilstrap62 »

I DO HAVE A COMPUTER INPUT WHAT DOES THAT DO AN IS THERE A PROGRAM FOR MY SCANNER PRO-94 CAN SOMEONE HELP ME. I NEED THE CORD TO, ANTENNA TO. AN A 9VOLT POWER SUPP. ANYONE HELP ME. BIG ED
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Big Ed, this might help you a bit with your Pro 94 http://marksscanners.com/94AB/94AB.shtml

The only program I could find for a Pro 94B is this: http://www.scancat.net/catcart/index.ph ... ducts_id=1

I have never used Scancat so I don't know how easy it is to use, it seems to get mixed reviews, but it works for most scanners, so if you upgrade, you don't have to get more software. The antenna and other stuff you should be able to get from Radio Shack if you're in a hurry, or off Ebay for a lot cheaper. I don't know how old your computer is, but if it old enough to have all the ports and stuff on the back, I have an old programming cable with a 9-pin serial plug on it that you can have. I just looked and you can get a 9-pin to USB adapter for just a couple of bucks if your puter doesn't have a jack for that.
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

THANKS SP1989 SO HELPFUL IM GOIMG TO START LOOKING FOR PRO 96 CHEAP SO FAR IVE SEEN ONE FOR 150.00 SO HAVE TO SAVE FOR IT. BIG ED
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I always thought Border Patrol was encrypted.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

CPB is digital but otherwise in the clear last time I checked.
2wayfreq

Post by 2wayfreq »

Some radios used by CBP do not have the encryption mode "Strapped" where it's secure all the time. The secure mode is on a toggle switch on the radio that is sometimes disabled on accident or on purpose, or the key has been lost. It could also be that some channels do not require secure voice. One small correction; 173.1625 was labeled "Blue-1" in Fedfiles. That should be "Boulevard-1".
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

My info was based on what someone who worked at the time for DHS doing secret squirrel electronic stuff, who said CBP was all in the clear. That may well have changed, as that was 2010.
2wayfreq

Post by 2wayfreq »

sp1989 wrote:My info was based on what someone who worked at the time for DHS doing secret squirrel electronic stuff, who said CBP was all in the clear. That may well have changed, as that was 2010.
I have had the ENC symbol come up on my 396T for many channels and the "Grinding Glass" encryption sound. Plus, on my Saber and XTS-5000 I would get the "Double Flash" on receive, but at least the ID would be visible. :)