Anybody ever watched Third Watch

Forum for miscellaneous and non scanning related discussions. You can pretty much talk about anything here, just keep it civil. Off-topic posts may also get moved to this forum.
cvrules90

Anybody ever watched Third Watch

Post by cvrules90 »

Just post anything and everything you remember.
sp1989

Re: Anybody ever watched Third Watch

Post by sp1989 »

There hasn't been a good police TV show since Dragnet and Adam 12. I especially hate ones set in New York City. I watched Hill Street Blues when it first aired, but have no desire to see it again.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I love Third Watch. I'm on summer break so I'm watching some reruns.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Actually, I take that back about New York, there was a show in the mid 60's called 'NYPD" that I liked, and also "Car 54, Where Are You?" But all the modern ones, yuck.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

It's just so exciting how, for example, two officers are talking about events in their lives and then the radio goes off and they get a call. They both look at each other as if they don't know what to do. It's a great show and it actually changed my view of how emergency services actually function.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

cvrules90 wrote:It's just so exciting how, for example, two officers are talking about events in their lives and then the radio goes off and they get a call. They both look at each other as if they don't know what to do. It's a great show and it actually changed my view of how emergency services actually function.
Mostly fiction. What really happens these days, you couldn't make up stories like the stuff I've seen and know are true, plus it would have to be XXX rated.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I've always looked at it as a reality show because you really see a typical shift. You see things from traffic stops to school shootings but it was quite a while ago so things have most likely changed between then and today.