Riverside Fire Term

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
Bill D.

Riverside Fire Term

Post by Bill D. »

While listening to RFD frequencies, I sometimes hear them use the term "Beverly Hills." What does this refer to? I can't think of an example off the top of my head.
brandon

Re: Riverside Fire Term

Post by brandon »

Is it possible your hearing Beverly Hills FD? They're also on 460.625/460.575 and can be heard quite well in parts of Riverside County. Make sure you have the PL tone for Riverside Fire entered and it should filter out the Bev Hills stuff.
Bill D.

Post by Bill D. »

My scanner doesn't do pl tones. I would be suprised if it was Beverly Hills. We hear it on my girlfriend's scanner and its reception is not very good. I'll post a transcript of what is said next time I hear it.
ke6alv

Post by ke6alv »

I agree it's probably Beverly Hills FD, as I too have heard them before when I lived in MoVal.
convE36

Post by convE36 »

Under the main "Riverside County Fire" page, the PL tone listed for RRU-1 is 131.8

Under the city Canyon Lake, it seems to be listed as 141.3

What is the difference?

Thanks.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

I think it is a typo. 141.3 is correct.

Post by 211 »

Does anyone know where the Beverly Hills Fire antenna site is? Is it up on Mt. Wilson or something, or is down in the city somewhere?