Orange Co. Control 1 VHF

Forum to discuss radio scanning outside of Riverside County. This is the ideal place to post topics related to Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Imperial County and Western Arizona.
4and6

Orange Co. Control 1 VHF

Post by 4and6 »

I am hearing traffic at a pretty good signal from OrCo in Palm Desert area....not sure if they added a repeater or upped the signal power. 151.085 pl 136.5 ... :o
markb

Re: Orange Co. Control 1 VHF

Post by markb »

It's a simulcast system. I believe one of the sites is on Santiago, which would give it very good coverage throughout So Cal. Palm Desert is pretty impressive, though.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

markb wrote:It's a simulcast system. I believe one of the sites is on Santiago, which would give it very good coverage throughout So Cal. Palm Desert is pretty impressive, though.
That is what I was thinking... Santiago peak is a long way away. I never got the signal before...now I get 3-4 bars on my 15x in my mobile. I was wondering if they got a new repeater to communicate with Riverside Co. EOC. :mrgreen:
Last edited by 4and6 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markb

Post by markb »

Probably not likely for several reasons. Riverside County would have to be licensed to use that system. It's not designed for EOC-EOC communications and there are a few, more robust systems that are designed for EOC's and Dispatch centers. Systems such as intercom systems and satellite phones that function similar to a Nextel phone in that it has a separate mic/handset with pre-programmed talkgroups. Also CalEMA has some of their mutual aid channels that can be used for that purpose, such as White-1 (now VFire-21).
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

This is the old OC Road Dept freq. It's no longer used by the Road Dept, but is now an OC "Control One" freq used for countywide notifications such as Sig Alerts and Amber Alerts.

It's also known as "OC Access VHF" (they also have a UHF access 460.525, and an 800 access 855.2125). 151.085 is used primarily by OCFA for two purposes: remote canyon comms, and inter-agency comms with users such as Corona FD. Many times the TRS talk groups will be patched here. I've heard OCFA, Anaheim FD, and Corona FD all being patched here for incidents on Hwy 91 in the Santa Ana Canyon. It's not a very active frequency, but still a good one to keep in your scanner.

My GUESS is that there IS a Santiago Peak transmitter for complete OC coverage including the canyons and surrounding areas.

<>< Mike
markb

Post by markb »

OC now has an access channel for fire only. No more sigalerts.
The freq is 151.0100 pl 123.0
Should be online now or very soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk