Officer Shot in Moreno Valley

Heard something interesting on the scanner? This is the place to share it with the community. Visitors are also welcome to post links to news articles about incidents that occurred in the county.
sp1989

Re: Officer Shot in Moreno Valley

Post by sp1989 »

RPD was involved because some of the search was on the eastern fringe of their AOR. RPD SWAT did the extraction of the kid who broke his hip running away from the suspect up above UCR in the hills. Unlike the old days when scanners were used by RSO & RPD to hear each others' traffic, PSEC eliminates that possibility, so I'm guessing the patch was done so they could coordinate their responses to the incident.
CQPSK

Post by CQPSK »

"so everything that was going on was patched to riverside pd ch1???"

~Yes, it was.
inlandpatch

Post by inlandpatch »

CQPSK wrote:"so everything that was going on was patched to riverside pd ch1???"

~Yes, it was.
DARN!!! i missed it, i was so focused on monitoring PSEC to see if they were using a clear channel!! :(
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

inlandpatch wrote:
CQPSK wrote:"so everything that was going on was patched to riverside pd ch1???"

~Yes, it was.
DARN!!! i missed it, i was so focused on monitoring PSEC to see if they were using a clear channel!! :(
Seriously has anybody found a clear RED TGID?
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

RSO is not going to put any LE traffic in the clear. One of the main reasons they went with the EDACS system 20+ years ago was they were told no one could listen in on their traffic. Unless someone sues them (they are deathly afraid of being sued) for some misbehavior that was covered by total encryption (I guarantee that is/will sonn happen) they are not going to change.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:RSO is not going to put any LE traffic in the clear. One of the main reasons they went with the EDACS system 20+ years ago was they were told no one could listen in on their traffic. Unless someone sues them (they are deathly afraid of being sued) for some misbehavior that was covered by total encryption (I guarantee that is/will sonn happen) they are not going to change.
Well I guess we should all write a letter and sign it saying we want at least one clear talkgroup for high-scale emergencies. The media must be really upset...
CQPSK

Post by CQPSK »

" Unless someone sues them (they are deathly afraid of being sued) for some misbehavior that was covered by total encryption (I guarantee that is/will sonn happen) they are not going to change."

I doubt that encryption would play any sort of major factor in some sort of "cover up". All transmissions are recorded, and the absence of the recordings would throw up a major red flag. On top of that you have radio techs, admin, etc. all who can hear the transmissions. Additionally, if you are going to use that argument, why not just say that you should be able to listen to their cellphone calls as well? It seems more likely that if they were running a big conspiracy that they would just use cellphones, especially personally owned ones that would be much harder to secure discovery motions or search warrants on. On the cellphone there is less a chance a supervisor will hear,less chance of getting a court order to divulge call registries, less a chance you would be found out, and you have better coverage, it's a win, win win, win yet nobody is arguing they should be able to listen in on their cellphone calls.