Santa Monica Police

Forum to discuss radio scanning outside of Riverside County. This is the ideal place to post topics related to Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Imperial County and Western Arizona.
cvrules90

Santa Monica Police

Post by cvrules90 »

OK. So we all know that Santa Monica PD is using encryption on their channels (except for maybe outside agency access). However, I remember reading once on RR (and I quote).

"As of December 29, 2008, Santa Monica (CA) Police is fully encrypted and cannot be monitored. Listeners will have to use LAPD West Dispatch or CHP West to monitor."

So does/did Santa Monica PD ever get patched to one of those two channels?
sp1989

Re: Santa Monica Police

Post by sp1989 »

There may be some un-encrypted link between SMPD and LAPD West division and CHP, but I sincerely doubt all SMPD's traffic is simulcast over LAPD or CHP freqs.
cvrules90

Re: Santa Monica Police

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:There may be some un-encrypted link between SMPD and LAPD West division and CHP, but I sincerely doubt all SMPD's traffic is simulcast over LAPD or CHP freqs.
I also noticed that Channel 2, used by parking enforcement, is in the clear to allow outside agency access. Probably so the media doesn't throw a tamper tantrum.