Fast 55

This forum is for discussions about scanning military radio communications on HF, VHF/UHF and beyond. You will also find logs and other real-time flight tracking information.
John L

Fast 55

Post by John L »

About 3:15 PM at March ARB I heard the Tower 127.650 asking slower aircraft in the pattern to move out of the way and let "Fast 55" come in and land. The Tower stated that this plane was moving very quickly. I could hear the Tower ask 55 if he needed the Cable up but I could never hear 55 reply. In 55 came and back to normal. You Tube shows a Video of Fast 55 landing at MARB a while back. One of the comments made was that the plane has FAA Approval to move quickly when landing due to it's design. Maybe?? Check out the Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBiNDhkjHfo
sp1989

Re: Fast 55

Post by sp1989 »

Nice catch!
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Where are you listening from and what kind of antenna? I live in Valle Vista and there are mountains between March and here, I can just barely make out what the tower is saying from here. Before I put up a good rooftop antenna, couldn't hear the tower at all.
John L

Post by John L »

I live in Moreno Valley about 3 miles NE of March ARB. I have a Discone Antenna that I bought from Scanner Master about 10 years ago.It's mounted at the end of a 20' piece of metal pipe. Works great. The Tower comes in clear and the Aircraft are 50/50. If they are on the ground it's spotty but once they are airborne it's excellent. KLAX is pretty clear but never a peep from KONT. I'm fortunate.