Riverside PD info...

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
Radio52

Riverside PD info...

Post by Radio52 »

Seeing 211's post about Murrieta reminded me to post the info I have so far for RPD. This is in NO WAY complete, for more info on their beats you can check the RPD website. This is what I have so far from scanning since May:

Lincoln units- are the LT's and usually the Watch Commander

Sam units- like most agencies RPD's Sergent's use the "Sam" designator scheme

Adam-Baker-Charles are the patrol units. The letter designates which shift "Adam" is graves, "Baker" day shift, "Charles" swing shift. Each letter is followed by a three digit number A112 would be a Area 1 graveyard car, where as C235 would be a swing shift Area 2 car. I've heard cars from Area 3 back-up cars in Area 2 and vice versa so i'm not sure how the coverage works.

K9-obviously these are the K9 units i've heard K95 and K94 and it sounds like they are city wide with no obligation to certain areas.

Metro-This is RPD's S.W.A.T. team and they usually hang out on Ch.1. It seems that they work high visibility or POP type patrols on swing shift and during the weekend at times, on top of doing Warrant services and other "secret squirrel" stuff.

Traffic-These units handle all of the TC's

Motor-Like the K9's this is pretty self explanatory. It seems like the Motor's handle traffic enforcement issues like reckless drivers and DUI's over TC's which are left for the Traffic units.

Air1-RPD's airship.

That's all I have for now, like I said before i've only been scanning since May of this year, i'm sure there is a lot i'm missing. I've heard "David" and "Zebra" units on the air but not enough to know what they do. If anyone can fill in the gaps please do.
brandon

Re: Riverside PD info...

Post by brandon »

Great stuff. Keep it coming :D
tk353

Re: Riverside PD info...

Post by tk353 »

lets add some
Ida is the id tech
david is detective
zebra is a school resource officer
victor is a volunteer