Murrieta PD variation in signal

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
brandon

Murrieta PD variation in signal

Post by brandon »

The past few days Murrieta PD has been loud and clear at my location. They are normally impossible to monitor due to the large hills blocking my line of sight. Yesterday their channel 2 was loud and clear but dispatch Ch 1 still unheard. However, today dispatch Ch 1 is received loud and clear as if I was monitoring from the city. This has happened on and off for several years but normally doesn't last beyond a couple days at most, so I'm not holding my breath :geek:
Radio52

Re: Murrieta PD variation in signal

Post by Radio52 »

it probably has to do with the red flag conditions and/or global warning.......or maybe they fixed some duct tape on their tower and it's working better...lol......I know I could only hear them from Clinton Keith coming SB on I15 and never from Menifee when I lived there (off Bradley x La Piedra)
brandon

Post by brandon »

LOL too funny :lol:
Tonight I'm still copying them lima charlie, so hopefully it will stick this time :D
But channel 2 is a no go.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Further update: Today I did a little more testing and was able to receive Murrieta PD from Moreno Valley (Hwy 60 at Day St) and on the I-215 near March ARB.

BC246T with rubber duck antenna inside the car believe it or not!
convE36

Post by convE36 »

I CAN NOW HEAR THEM FROM MY HOUSE IN CANYON LAKE USING MY BC246T. THEY MUST HAVE UPGRADED SOMETHING!