BLM

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
scnradio

BLM

Post by scnradio »

Lately I have been listening to the county system. I have a couple of questions. #1 I hear 66R? What does the R stand for? #2 I hear them call dispatch San Bernardino. Why are they calling them when they are in Riverside Co and the south Hq is in Riverside Co (Palm Springs) from what there web site said? Are there other channls that they may be on beside the Co and So systems?
racemedic

Re: BLM

Post by racemedic »

The 66 stands for the area that they are assinged to. Like 68R1 would be for a Barstow area Ranger, I don't remember the other area assingments. In this case the 66 is for the Riverside desert area out to Blythe. The "R" stands for Law Enforcment Ranger. They call San Bernardino because they are dispatched out of the Federal Dispatch Center located there. Like most of the USFS units are dispatched out of San Bernardino as well. The BLM does have some VHF freqs but I don't have them handy right now.