Lake Elsinore/Menifee area...

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
convE36

Lake Elsinore/Menifee area...

Post by convE36 »

So I am pretty new at all this and having some fun.

Anyone have any advice for me or maybe something good to monitor?

I live directly between Lake Elsinore and Menifee so I can pick-up Hemet as well as Lake Elsinore local stuff.

When I program in conventional frequencys (such as CHP or Fire Dept/AMR) do I need to change the mode of my scanner to CTCSS and enter the tone?

Also, do I need to program the INPUT frequency also?

(I have the Pro-164)
brandon

Re: Lake Elsinore/Menifee area...

Post by brandon »

I would program the CTCSS if possible, but it's not required to hear traffic. Entering the PL tone allows the scanner to filter out third party traffic on the same frequency. For example you may hear San Gabriel PD on the same freq as Riverside PD if you don't program the PL tone for RPD in your scanner.

As for inputs, you don't need to program them. The one exception might be for Riverside County Fire depending where you are, the Banning Pass repeaters can be a challenge pick up from the south county, so listening to Perris on the input may (or may not) allow you to hear dispatches for that area.