Anyone notice any problems with RSO system?

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
convE36

Anyone notice any problems with RSO system?

Post by convE36 »

I noticed last night I was missing quite a bit of conversations while monitoring RSO's Southwest System. I havnt changed ANYTHING on my scanner. But it SEEMS that it was having problems finding the patch channel last night. Could have been something else...I know if it was their system I would have heard dispatch talking about it.

Anyone else notice any problems with RSO's system, specifically missing bits and pieces of conversations? Or is it just me...
ke6alv

Re: Anyone notice any problems with RSO system?

Post by ke6alv »

I wasn't listening, but while taking a call last night around 2155 about units stuck in the dirt in Perris, I asked the dispatcher "one of those nights, huh?" and she said yeah, that the radio system in the desert--phones too--went down.

Not sure what time this happened, or how long it lasted. Don't know if this *may* have been related or not, but thought I'd put my .02 in.