RSO Patch talk groups QUESTION..

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
convE36

RSO Patch talk groups QUESTION..

Post by convE36 »

Does anyone know what PATCH talk groups the Lake Elsinore/Temecula/Perris sheriffs DO NOT use?

I dont like listening to all of them all the time, because usually I have then have to hear other areas such as Hemet/Moreno Valley/Cabazon...

But I do not want to miss out on things..

Right now I have the following PATCH talk groups active;

and also;

Any advice?
brandon

Re: RSO Patch talk groups QUESTION..

Post by brandon »

Yeah this tends to be a problem with the GRE scanners. They do not handle patches as good as Uniden, so you pretty much have to scan until you find the right one since they're pretty random. My Pro-97 is the same way.

Uniden scanners automatically detect the patch from monitoring the main channel, so putting the scanner on 529 Elsinore will automatically pick them up even if they are patched on 2045.
convE36

Post by convE36 »

oh thats awesome, i need to go get a uniden!

since you live in sun city, almost walking distance from me, what freqs do you put in for RSO? I have been using Win97 to program my scanner, and it works, but so many different ways to input them i dont know which one is actually right...
brandon

Post by brandon »

I have all 6 programmed but from Sun City monitor West and Southwest sites. You may want to program Central and Santa Rosa if your able to pick them up. Frequencies can be found on the RSO page.
convE36

Post by convE36 »

(Regarding Uniden Scanners)

I have been noticing lately that I may be missing some traffic when Main Dispatch talk-groups are PATCHED. My Uniden is suppose to find the Patch talk-group by monitoring the Main Dispatch right? (Until now it has seemed to work fine.)

I might just THINK I am missing traffic, I do not know for sure.

It seems that, (from what I monitor)

Elsinore and Perris are only Patched together.. (not Elsinore and Jurupa)

Temecula and Cabazon are only Patched together.. (not Temecula and Perris)

Cross County 5 and Cross County 6 are also Patched sometimes..

Do anyone know if those particular Dispatch Talk-Groups always use the same Patch? (Els/Perris-2045, Tem/Cab-2044, etc..)

Or will one night Els/Perris dispatch use Patch 2045 and another night use 2047? Because I could just program each Patch into my scanner to correspond to that particular area. (PATCH Els/Perris=2045, PATCH Tem/Cab=2047)

Of course this always comes down to, "I just do not want to miss any traffic!"

Thanks for your advice!
brandon

Post by brandon »

They are random. This morning 2047 and 2044 were used for Temecula/Cabazon patch at different times. See below for example
RSO_patches_june28.gif
The only time I've had the scanner NOT track a patch properly is when Palm Desert and Indio are patched. I suspect this has something to do with the fact those talkgroups (unpatched) do not appear on the western systems, so it can only pick up the patch ID (and this doesn't work all the time either).
convE36

Post by convE36 »

Brandon,

As long as everything is programmed correctly in my BC246T, if there is a problem tracking the Patch channel it would have nothing to do with my scanner right?

Which scanner do you use to monitor Southwest System RSO? Do you have the Patch channels even programmed? If not, then I assume you only "scan" and not "search", or else it would constantly pick up those Patch channels...