Unit Name

Topics about scanning the Riverside County Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other RVC fire scanning topics.
scnradio

Unit Name

Post by scnradio »

I was driving around today and saw a cal-fire unit. Tr-44 pulling a Trailer labeled Water Rescue. What does the Tr stand for? It had two people in it. I was being followed by another unit could not get unit name. The Tr unit look like a Batt or Utility unit. White Ford with a camper shell.
sp1989

Re: Unit Name

Post by sp1989 »

I believe TR is "Training".
scnradio

Post by scnradio »

Ok i am out of riverside co and saw a county that had a Bt on the back of the unit. I saw it on my way to sd co in imp co.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

scnradio wrote:Ok i am out of riverside co and saw a county that had a Bt on the back of the unit. I saw it on my way to sd co in imp co.
Are you saying you saw a Riverside County Fire vehicle with "BT" or a different county vehicle with that designation? The only thing I could imagine it would be would be "breathing tender". The closest thing RVC Fire has that I know about is "IT" for "Information Technology".
scnradio

Post by scnradio »

yes i saw it in imp co like 1 mile in the code. i know that rvc does med aid for imp co but this unit was sitting in a yard at a house. It was one of the ford trucks like the batt and u used.
scnradio

Water Rescue 76

Post by scnradio »

Why i was listening to rvc fire yesterday i hear the dispather say the Water Rescue was like 10-15 mins out. I look station 76 up and saw two usar units listed. Could one of those unit have been the water rescue unit or is there a water rescue unit at 76?
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

Stations 33 and 76 have "water rescue" units which are basically squads outfitted with water rescue equipment. They follow the truck company on any water rescue incident. During these storms, the water rescue units are staffed and trucks 17, 33, 76, 86 have extra staffing who are swift water rescue qualified.