new to scanning trunked systems

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
otterpop

new to scanning trunked systems

Post by otterpop »

I just recently purchased a RS Pro-160 scanner. I used to listen to scanners many years ago and my favorite one was a Bearcat 210, a really long time ago. I live in Norco and drive into San Bernardino County, Rancho Cucamonga area. I think I have figured out how to program the EDACS system for RVSD County but I can't seem to program the Motorola II system for San Bernardino. I bought the USB cord to connect my scanner to my computer for programing but still haven't figured out how to work it. Is there a good website that can walk me through programming my scanner?

Thanks
TC
brandon

Re: new to scanning trunked systems

Post by brandon »

Hello. Which software program are you using for the Pro-160? I might be able to create template file for you to get started.
Also some of the San Bernardino systems must be set as splinter type. (I believe for systems 1,2,3,4,5, 9 and 10). From Norco you should be able to hear systems 6/7, 8, 9 and 10.
otterpop

Post by otterpop »

Hi Brandon,

I didn't use any software to program RVSD County, I just read on line material and figured it out and programed freqs manually. I was thinking about buying ARC 160 software because it seems to be a good program.. Do u have any suggestions for programing software.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Hi,
The ARC160 appears to be the only software for the Pro-160. I have used Butel (ARC) software in the past, and while not my favorite, it will get the job done.
otterpop

Post by otterpop »

Thanks