Moreno Valley

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
marcotor

Moreno Valley

Post by marcotor »

Hello everyone,

Looks like I will be moving at the end of the year into Moreno Valley, near the County Club and the Hospital(s) (JFK & Moreno Beach). My question is, can someone give me an idea of what I might be able to monitor from home, and how reception is in that area. Haven't had the base units out that way, (or the antennas) just a couple of handhelds with ducks or the antennas on the car.

I am familiar with Riverside's EDACS system, as my work takes me into Perris and Temecula about once a month.

Thanks to all!
brandon

Re: Moreno Valley

Post by brandon »

Hey marcotor... welcome to the forums 8-)

From MoVal you can monitor most agencies (minus Murrieta) in western Riverside County. For RSO monitor West and Central. San Bernardino County is shielded by hills, however you should be able to hear VHF and SBCo System 8 just fine. The SBCo System 6/7 is a total crap shoot, although I found it comes in decent southwest of March ARB. Reception of the Orange County TRS (Countywide) will be no problem. For LA County, I can pick up LASD, Long Beach, LAPD and ICIS from Moreno Valley without much effort. Good luck and welcome to the area.
marcotor

Re: Moreno Valley

Post by marcotor »

Thanks Brandon - that's a lot more than I scan now from my dead-signal location in Redlands.

Hmm.. might be time to add another scanner or two :D