RSO EDACS LCN?

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
33DEVARA

RSO EDACS LCN?

Post by 33DEVARA »

Does anyone have the correct RSO EDACS frequencies & LCN order. I don't think the Freq RR is putting out is correct, or rather, it's missing something. I'm in moval & my channel 1(866.2125) is picking up nada. The same goes for ch. 11 &12 (867.7875,868.7875, west) I don't think they are in correct LCN order. Somethings missing. I'm on the pro 164.
sp1989

Re: RSO EDACS LCN?

Post by sp1989 »

I just turned on my radio (Pro-97) and the site seems to be working fine. I don't think every freq is used all the time depending on how busy the system is.
33DEVARA

Post by 33DEVARA »

Thanks for the response. I noticed when they have an emergency, they switch to channel 5. Do you know which freq. that is? Over here in MoVal it get's pretty busy sometimes & then everything goes silent, leaving most of us in the dark. I say," most of us" because I know somebody out here knows where,"channel 5" is.
Biocal

Post by Biocal »

I think your reference to "channel 5" is actually a talk-group within the trunking system (5-xcnty or 5 cross county; 02-062 or 306), which is the records channel for the north end of the county. It is not a separate frequency, you simply have to monitor the west system (or any system for that matter) and make sure you have the above mentioned talk group ID programmed in. Channel five is not used for emergencies, it is used to alleviated radio traffic on the main dispatch channel. When you monitor this channel you will hear units from all over the county running license checks, not very exciting to listen to at all. I hope this helps :)
Biocal

Post by Biocal »

one more thing after re-reading your post, when there is any type of emergency call, the main dispatch channel is typically restricted to emergency traffic only. This may be why you hear less of other type of traffic. So units not involved with the emergency may go to channel 5 to talk to a dispatcher so they wont interfere with the main dispatch channel. Most certainly when there is an emergency, UNITS that are involved do not change their radio to any other channel or "frequency". Units in the field do not have the ability to take their radios off of the trunking system with the exception of going to the "mutual aid" conventional system. They usually wont do this because these are tactical/jail/court channels which are not monitored by the dispatch center. So the bottom line is, if you want to monitor MoVal you need only have the WEST system frequencies programmed in order and set to edacs mode. Make sure to have the talk-group ID'S that you want to listen to unlocked or stored in your scanner.

Chris
brandon

Post by brandon »

Sometimes they temporarily take frequencies out of service for tests. As for frequency 11 and 12, I have not seen them in use since I've been monitoring the system (mid 2005 or so). However, I still keep them programmed in case they become active.
33DEVARA

Post by 33DEVARA »

Thanx for the response. It's always nice when you get a bunch of guys together w/ much knowledge. you were right, I had t.g. 306 programmed in , but it was locked out. I have since unlocked it & waiting on the next emergency to check this out, which shouldn't be too far off..seeing how tomorrow is new years eve. Adios Dudes!!