Sleeping with a radio

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
scnradio

Sleeping with a radio

Post by scnradio »

I saw this on another fourm and though i would ask it here. How mean people sleep with at least one radio on?
brandon

Re: Sleeping with a radio

Post by brandon »

I can sleep with RSO going, but hard to do with RVC Fire since the tones always wake me up :lol:
My alarm clock has WiFi so I can plug in various feeds and sleep to them as well. I also have a computer running etrunker that will beep each time a code red button goes off. Pretty annoying for accidentals but you get used to it after a while.
ke6alv

Post by ke6alv »

We usually sleep with RVC Fire on, sometimes my wife has her scanner, but Hemet PD and AMR both bug the crap out of me.

Alarm clock with WiFi?? Where can I get one of those?! Way cool.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

My wife won't allow it. That's why I'm usually up pretty late.

<>< Mike
djpaulino

Post by djpaulino »

Everytime I want to sleep with my radio, it makes me buy it dinner.
scnradio

Post by scnradio »

Well I can get away with it till the boss comes home then i need to turn it off. It is ok because most of the time when she gets home i am asleep. I have even try to run it throw the computer from a feed on lime and she finds that one to. O well cant blame me for trying.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Hey Mike: Right now I am using a CC WiFi Radio along with a free service called Reciva that lets you add your own feeds. Amazon sells them, along with other models. I also have a Logitech Squeezebox on order. There is even a third party application called ScannerBox that lets the Squeezebox access RR feeds.
IEscanner

Post by IEscanner »

I sleep with my wife only..
ke6alv

Post by ke6alv »

brandon wrote:Hey Mike: Right now I am using a CC WiFi Radio along with a free service called Reciva that lets you add your own feeds. Amazon sells them, along with other models. I also have a Logitech Squeezebox on order. There is even a third party application called ScannerBox that lets the Squeezebox access RR feeds.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look that up in my catalog.

IEscanner wrote:I sleep with my wife only..
I also sleep with my wife. But she's the one having the "affair" as she sleeps with the radios on when I'm here at work. :lol:
IEscanner

Post by IEscanner »

ke6alv wrote:
brandon wrote:Hey Mike: Right now I am using a CC WiFi Radio along with a free service called Reciva that lets you add your own feeds. Amazon sells them, along with other models. I also have a Logitech Squeezebox on order. There is even a third party application called ScannerBox that lets the Squeezebox access RR feeds.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look that up in my catalog.

IEscanner wrote:I sleep with my wife only..
I also sleep with my wife. But she's the one having the "affair" as she sleeps with the radios on when I'm here at work. :lol:
I would comment but I will bite my tongue on this one.. :lol: :lol: