Sleeping with a radio

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
temfreqhunter

Re: Sleeping with a radio

Post by temfreqhunter »

brandon wrote:I can sleep with RSO going, but hard to do with RVC Fire since the tones always wake me up :lol:
My alarm clock has WiFi so I can plug in various feeds and sleep to them as well. I also have a computer running etrunker that will beep each time a code red button goes off. Pretty annoying for accidentals but you get used to it after a while.
Is this program available for download anywhere?
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

What I wanna try is when I get my 396XT with Fire Toning capability, I wanna select a specific fire station and leave the scanner on overnight. Then I can wake up like they really do at the firehouse and maybe be like "What was that?!" Then I would just realize that I left my scanner on. That's something I always wanted to do since I started to scan 2 yrs ago. ;) :o
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I don't appreciate noise pollution myself and I need silence but I just think that using fire tones would be cool so I could simulate a real fire station lol!