CHP Inland and Bord Division Changeover

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
markclark

CHP Inland and Bord Division Changeover

Post by markclark »

Word has it CHP will start the changeover next month. Indio CHP has been issued new licenses, so they are about ready to changeover. Border Red-2 45.04B, 42.58M; Blue-2, Border 45.18B, 42.66M; Border Blue-2, Border-1 39.14B, 42.04M; PL 94.8. I don't know how the two Blue channels will be assigned. This is probably a vote-steer system.

Barstow will be switching to the Inland White-2 45.22B and 42.68M; Inland Blue-2,Inland 44.70B, 42.42M; Inland Blue-2,Inland-1 39.20B, 42.88M; PL 110.9. I don't know how the two Blue channels will be assigned. It is supposed to be a repeated vote-steer system. The new licenses were recently issued to the Joshua Tree office. No other licenses have been issued for the other sites or offices, but I can tell you lack of licensing in the L.A. area did not hold up that project at all. In fact, most of the license modifications were made two to four weeks after the changeover here. I

If you are within range, can you plug these channels in and listen for testing? Any reports are appreciated. Thank You.
beesharp

Re: CHP Inland and Bord Division Changeover

Post by beesharp »

Great information and thank you. I will plug them in and report any testing. Any new change over for the city of Corona/Riverside area yet?
markclark

Post by markclark »

Unfortunately, I don't follow those areas, so I can't be much help in that regard.
markclark

Post by markclark »

CHP Indio is testing on Blue -2 Border East, 44.98Mhz, PL 146.2. Their talking to the radio techs now @ 17:20 Hours.
Jlanfn

Post by Jlanfn »

beesharp wrote:Great information and thank you. I will plug them in and report any testing. Any new change over for the city of Corona/Riverside area yet?
Corona and Riverside are part of the Riverside area office dispatched on Turquoise-1 out of Inland Communications Center. All areas dispatched out of Inland CC are simulcast, and CHPERS treats this simulcast area as separate from the rest of the Inland Division.

My recollection from the original CHPERS timetable was that Inland Simulcast area would be one of the last areas to switch to new frequencies while the rest of Inland Division was somewhere in the middle. That has all changed by now, but I wouldn't be surprised if CHPERS is still planning to do the two areas separately.