talkgroup progaming

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
ddoug4uonly

talkgroup progaming

Post by ddoug4uonly »

Hello all,

This question may of been answered before, but since I am using my phone for internet right now It is hard for me to search the groups. I use my scanner for work so I listen to Moreno Valley, Perris and Lake Elsinore since my accounts are in those areas.

I found it interesting that I was able to listen to the Perris and Lake Elsinore groups on the west system but I am unable to listen to Moreno Valley groups on the south system.

Any idea why this may be?

Douglas
brandon

Re: talkgroup progaming

Post by brandon »

Hi Doug. Good to see you around on the site :) To answer your question the south cell doesn't cover Moreno Valley, so they don't typically affiliate on it. Watching trunker the MoVal group shows denied ID in the error log, so it might be totally locked out to prevent tying up the limited frequencies. Perris comes up since they are in range of both. The way to monitor MoVal from the south county is to use Central (if you can hear it) because they are usually affiliated on that.
ddoug4uonly

Re: talkgroup progaming

Post by ddoug4uonly »

TY Brandon It is good to be back.

I had to replace my last handheld but it looks like my PRO-164 is picking up the central system in Elsinore. I will be doing a road test tonight. Thanks for the help.