I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but maybe I'm wrong?

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
temfreqhunter

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but maybe I'm wrong?

Post by temfreqhunter »

A friend of mine has a lot of law enforcement activity on his street. That said, he only want's a device that will alert him if an RSO unit is within close proximity; for reasons behind my comprehension, he does not want to actually hear voice traffic (don't ask me why). I also am certain that he does not want to engage in illegal activity. I'm almost 100% confident that something like this doesn't exist, but I would be more than willing to elarn otherwise. I know the close call feature on uniden scanners and the spectrum sweeper on GRE's work for conventional frequencies, but do these features work for trunked systems? Hope for some good reponses. Thanks.

-Robert
sp1989

Re: I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but maybe I'm wrong

Post by sp1989 »

If something like that were available, the biggest customers would be cops trying to avoid "the sarge". Back in the mid 80's I worked with a guy who made a "sergeant locator" out of IR motion sensor parts that sat on the dashboard of his unit. It would sound an alarm if anyone approached his patrol car while he was napping. :lol:
10-35

Post by 10-35 »

A friend of mine....
I love questions, or ebay auctions, that include this phrase. "I am selling this Rolex for a "friend" and he told me it is not stolen".
I also am certain that he does not want to engage in illegal activity.
What other use would there be for such a device? Did he also ask you to pick up his car that is being repaired in Mexico? :lol:
temfreqhunter

Post by temfreqhunter »

This alarmed me, too when he told me that he was not using it for something illegal. I asked him what he was really going to use it for, turns out it's for his car (speed), which would obviously be a radar detector. Sorry for crowding the forum for a stupid question like this, guys.