audio feeds.

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
marknel

audio feeds.

Post by marknel »

Brandon,

Will you be bringing the audio feeds back at sometime in the future?

Thank you,

Marknel
z3r0ko0l

Re: audio feeds.

Post by z3r0ko0l »

Ive been wondering the same thing. Also, why where the feeds taken down?
brandon

Post by brandon »

I no longer have the resource to host them.
Perhaps somebody else can set one up in the future.
z3r0ko0l

Post by z3r0ko0l »

Can I ask what is needed? How much bandwidth is needed to host? Is there a fairly inexpensive scanner that will let me hook it up to the computer for steaming? Im guessing one could probably take the audio out (phones jack) of any scanner and just put it into the input or mic of the computer, but that wouldnt be an ideal hook up.
Lt51506

Post by Lt51506 »

As an out-of-state listener to Riverside City and County, I'd be interested in seeing what is needed and possibly donating hardware...if I have it.

Tom
z3r0ko0l

Post by z3r0ko0l »

still like the info... also do you only have to host one stream so it rebroadcasts from radioreference.com, or do you have to host each stream.
z3r0ko0l

Post by z3r0ko0l »

After a bit of searching I found a few answers... "Providing a scanner feed will use approximately 5GB of bandwidth per month." I am a heavy internet user and also manage 4 game servers, a redirect host, and 1 voice server from here. Im going to check to see if my ISP cares it I use another 5GB of bandwidth. Im sure I can lower the quality a bit and get that number down but just incase.
z3r0ko0l

Post by z3r0ko0l »

Well its been about a month and still nothing. Im looking for a good used Uniden BCT15X, so I can connect and control with a computer. As of right now its not a high priority but it will eventually happen.
marknel

Post by marknel »

z3r0ko0l, I've been trying to save up the funds to at least get a scanner to listen (money is tight right now and I'd like a decent one that I can switch channels quickly or lock on to one quickly if I want) to at least. I do have decent bandwidth overall and I can't see my ISP having a problem with 5 gigs a month so if I can figure out which type of scanner I want, save the cash, perhaps I can get this going shortly.

Granted I know 0 about scanners, but that's what asking questions is for right?
z3r0ko0l

Post by z3r0ko0l »

Im borrowing a PRO-46 for the next few weeks and its really made me have second thoughts about streaming right now. If you get a stream going that would be great. My reception is horrible in my computer room. Well nothing close to what I would want to stream, to much static. Im getting pretty good reception on some channels but RPD 1 (460.325) isnt so good really till night time. Who knows maybe ill put it up just to try it out ;)