Can the PSR-410 track EDACS patches, like the PSR-500 can?

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
temfreqhunter

Can the PSR-410 track EDACS patches, like the PSR-500 can?

Post by temfreqhunter »

As we all know, at many times during the day, RSO patches talkgroups together for various reasons. With the latest firmware from GRE, my PSR-500 tracks these patches seamlessly. My new PSR-410, however, cannot. Anyone else have the PSR-410 can can successfully track patched talkgroups? I emailed GRE and they said "It's supposed to", but that doesn't sound very promising. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Robert
brandon

Re: Can the PSR-410 track EDACS patches, like the PSR-500 ca

Post by brandon »

Unfortunately I don't have that particular radio to confirm, but you might try the latest firmware. The PSR-500 did not originally support patches until they added it during later firmware.
temfreqhunter

Re: Can the PSR-410 track EDACS patches, like the PSR-500 ca

Post by temfreqhunter »

Hey, Brandon. I did download version U1.1 as soon as I got the scanner. I'm thinking it has something to do with the firmware update, but I can't remove it now because there isn't an installer for it.