Scanning Habits

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
Bill D.

Scanning Habits

Post by Bill D. »

Great website and forum! I'm just curious what others in the Riverside area listen to on their scanners. I listen mainly to RPD, RFD, and Riverside Sheriff. Sometimes I listen to the various SB Sheriff trunked systems. I'm not a big aviation listener. What do you listen to? Any suggestion for thinks I might be missing?
brandon

Re: Scanning Habits

Post by brandon »

I mostly listen to Riverside Co Sheriff and Moreno Valley but also enjoy scanning:
Riverside PD/Fire
Corona PD/Fire
Riverside County Fire
US Forest Service
March ARB Security Forces
Border Patrol / CBP
Bill D.

Post by Bill D. »

I have a Pro-95. Have you seen this site? http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners ... ng_systems From reading this it seems that programming the two scanners is the same. I used the Pro 95 "Easier to Read Manual" page when I first got my scanner and it helped greatly. If it still doesn't work, let me know. Perhaps we can figure it out together.

Brandon, what frequencies do you scan for border patrol?
convE36

Post by convE36 »

I listen to MAINLY;

Riverside Sheriff EDACS system
Elsinore/Perris/Temecula talk-groups (Southwest Site)

Canyon Lake POA (Security)
Just because I live here and have a friend who works for them

American Medical Responce (Southwest Dispatch)
There are two AMR ambulances that are dispatched out of the Canyon Lake Town Center from 155.355

Riverside County Fire
These freqs seem to usually be annoying with all the BEEPING, but monitor them occasionally if there is a local fire or other event.
ddoug4uonly

Post by ddoug4uonly »

I use my scanner for work, so it depends on what area I am working in at the time as to what I listen to. I listen to the RSO and Surrounding Police. Lately it has been the Temecula/Murrieta area.

You live in Canyon Lake convE36. My cousin also has a house there. I haven't had much time lately to visit that area though.
convE36

Post by convE36 »

Yeah, kinda sucks living in Canyon Lake...I seem to be in the middle of all these hills! BUT, still recieve RSO very well. I am still pretty new at this but I believe I am picking up the "Elsinore Peak" tower for them. (Southwest System)

Paramedics (AMR) come in VERY horrible. I pick up them up sometimes when they are dispatched from the Canyon Lake Town Center. Fire department also comes in pretty bad here...

Guess I am stuck with listening to Canyon Lake security and Sheriffs..!

Post by 318 »

I mainly listen to:

RSO TEMecula, ELSinore, PERris and MOVAL Primarys and CARs talkgroups
CalFire RRU-1 and all Support and CMD channels (and TACs if the incident is close)
Murrieta Police and Fire
Hemet Police and Fire
CHP TAN
WRRG Elsinore repeater
OES CESRS

And that's pretty-much it.

~Chad (318)
convE36

Post by convE36 »

After getting rid of my Radio Shack Pro-164 and buying a Uniden BC246T, I sware my signal quality has at LEAST doubled for ALL bands!!! Especially VHF Fire/Paramedics freqs! I cant praise Uniden enough.
convE36

Post by convE36 »

I use a BC246T Uniden Scanner (Analog Trunked)...

Would it matter if I gave more than one system (RSO) the same quick key? Was thinking about giving the main systems I monitor it's own quick key, and give the others (such as desert and blythe) their own quick key. I am running out of quick keys and looking for a solution.

This is currently how my scanner is set-up, please let me know if something may be set-up wrong or any other advice..

QUICK KEY 1: RSO Southwest

QUICK KEY 2: RSO Central

QUICK KEY 3: RSO West

QUICK KEY 4: RSO Santa Rosa, RSO Desert, RSO Blythe, RSO Cactus City, RSO Indio and RSO Corona

QUICK KEY 5: Canyon Lake Security, Sun City Crime Watch and RSO Conventional Freqs

QUICK KEY 6: Entire CHP conventional system

QUICK KEY 7: County Fire/AMR (RVC Fire, AMR, CDF, US Forest Service, Firescope, FD Mutual Aid), CLEMARS and other emergency services

QUICK KEY 8: Palm Springs Trunked System (Motorola), UC Riverside Trunked System (Motorola) and Local City's Conventional Systems (Riverside PD/FD, Murrieta PD/FD, Corona PD/FD,etc, etc...)

QUICK KEY 9: Mobile Relay Associates (LTR), National Science Network (LTR), PSI (LTR) and random conventional security companys (such as Hemet Armed Security), Federal Ops (conventional) maybe other random conventional systems

QUICK KEY 0: OPEN

BTW: I have programmed from Radio Reference the Corona Site, Indio Site and Cactus City Site (For RSO EDACS), DO THEY EVEN EXIST OR WORK???
brandon

Post by brandon »

@convE36: I have setup multiple sites on the same quick key and it works fine.