What should I do?

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
temfreqhunter

What should I do?

Post by temfreqhunter »

Do to this new system coming online in the next year or so, I am contemplating purchasing new and selling some old radio equipment. So, here are the questions that I seek the answers to before doing anything:

What is the liklihood of full encryption of this system?
Will any local angencies go onto the PSEC?
What scanners (besides the PSR-800, which I hate!) will support TDMA?
sp1989

Re: What should I do?

Post by sp1989 »

You are talking about the Riverside County 700 mhz system, yes? It has already been stated that anything worth listening to will be digitally encrypted, so no more RSO when they switch. On the positive side, no other agencies (that I know of) are supposed to be a part of it, but I guess that could change.
cvrules90

Re: What should I do?

Post by cvrules90 »

temfreqhunter wrote:Do to this new system coming online in the next year or so, I am contemplating purchasing new and selling some old radio equipment. So, here are the questions that I seek the answers to before doing anything:

What is the liklihood of full encryption of this system?
Will any local angencies go onto the PSEC?
What scanners (besides the PSR-800, which I hate!) will support TDMA?
Like sp1989 wrote it, all the "good stuff" will be fully encrypted so there will be no way to listen to RSO anymore (even if you get the PSR 800). This really pains me because I had a ball listening to them back in 09 and I think they really care about the community.

Your only chance of listening then would be to try to sneak in an actual portable radio but that's really playing a game of hard-to-get.