Riverside Police Department Dispatch feed

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
marknel

Riverside Police Department Dispatch feed

Post by marknel »

I've gotten my setup to the point where I feel it's stable enough for others to listen without issues.

If you would like to listen to the Riverside Police Department Dispatch, please feel free to do so at the following url:
http://71.95.33.163:8082

At some point in the future, I may put up a dedicated website for the feed or apply for a Radioreference.com feed slot, but at this time I'm going to just host it.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any input, suggestions or feedback.

Mark
Lt51506

Re: Riverside Police Department Dispatch feed

Post by Lt51506 »

Maybe it's just me, but after about 12 seconds, the page goes into Error 404 and the feed won't connect.

Tom :)
marknel

Post by marknel »

I just checked from a machine in Virginia and it was resolving the feed.
does it ever resolve to the page where the feed link is showing?
Lt51506

Post by Lt51506 »

Well, I can get to the page where the link is. But, I hit the "Listen Live" tab, and the media player attempts to connect (while this is happening, the main page goes into Error 404). After the 404 message, the media player stops responding. Dropping the main page before it 404's out doesn't help either.

z3r0ko0l

Post by z3r0ko0l »

Works great for me! Thank you very much for hosting the feed. Like Tom posted above I also get a 404 error. Heres how I run it. I first copied the link by right mouse clicking and select "copy shortcut." I then opened Winamp (just cuz its my favorite audio player) and then clicked "+file" (button left in the playlist) then in the pop up menu selected "+url"
Now a screen pops up and you paste (ctrl v or right click and select paste) the link in there. Now click open and POW you will now have the feed to play.

This should work in just about even audio player on your computer you just need to know where to add the URL in that prog.

Hope this helps, and thank you very much again for the feed!
Lt51506

Post by Lt51506 »

Fantastic....worked like a charm! Thanks for the help, it is very much appreciated.

...and Mark, THANK YOU again for having this feed. It's nice to hear whats going on at the old home turf.

marknel

Post by marknel »

LT51506 and Z3r0ko0l Your welcome! Z3r0Ko0l, thanks for that info.

I'm most likely going to move this over to radio reference soon since this has been running well with no hickups in the feed upload. I'll let you all know before that happens.
brandon

Post by brandon »

That will be awesome! Thanks for providing it :D
marknel

Post by marknel »

Well I just got a base scanner that should arrive next week. I figure after running the riverside feed for a few months off my home server and a handheld unit, I'll get a base unit and push it to Radio Reference. Look for this to be happening in the next 2 weeks, dependent on when the base scanner arrives.
Lt51506

Post by Lt51506 »

Fantastic!!! Just want you to know I appreciate all you're going thru to do this.

Tom J.
Boise ID