Setting up the Uniden BCD396XT

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
cvrules90

Setting up the Uniden BCD396XT

Post by cvrules90 »

Quick questions:

Today I'm entering Riverside County into my newly purchased Uniden BCD396Xt.

Now here's the question:

Has anybody tried using the Wildcard feature (such as entering 06-02 to identify all users of the Palm Desert station for example)? If so, how does it work? I"m considering that to conserve memory.

Also, are there any iCalls on the TRS itself? And do I have to enter patches?
brandon

Re: Setting up the Uniden BCD396XT

Post by brandon »

There are many i-calls on the system. The motor cops love to use them :) Patches are automatically detected as well. For i-calls I program i00000 as a talkgroup to get them all. You can also do specific radio id... for example i10991 for star 91 individual calls. I have not tried the wildcard thing for talkgroups.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Thanks.

I also think they use those iTacs on the 800MHz band.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Yeah I hear stuff on I-Tac's from time to time.
Mostly surveillance activities. :D
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

OK well I think I got it good know.

I created an EDACS system and chose Wide. I set each of the systems to the same quick key and made corresponding groups for the TGIDs. (i.e. Group 1 = West).

I also added an iCall group and entered i0 as a wildcard so I think I'm good to go now.

However, I didn't get to go down south this December due to the fact that my grandpa is not in that great of a condition. I do hope it'll happen soon because the clock is ticking...