RVC Fire CMD freqs

Topics about scanning the Riverside County Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other RVC fire scanning topics.
brandon

RVC Fire CMD freqs

Post by brandon »

Looks like most of the Support nets are being replaced with repeated Command nets (same output freqs) sometime in mid to late 2012.
This is definitely welcome news for us scanner buffs :D
temfreqhunter

Re: RVC Fire CMD freqs

Post by temfreqhunter »

Very cool news! Based on the time it's supposed to happen, I'm guessing the switch will happen around the time that the PSEC goes online (late 2012 ish).
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Does that mean all channels would have countywide coverage?
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

The new freq. load for the radios have finally come out for this year. As Brandon stated, it looks like the support channels will be on a repeater. RVC command 1 and 2 are inservice as I am sure most know. RVC command 4-10 and 12 will be available sometime this year. RVC command 3 won't be available until early next year. I seriously doubt there will be countywide coverage on all channels. I don't know enough about radio transmissions or department plans to know that info. I can only guess at a minimum that monitoring will remain the same. If you can currently hear the dispatcher on support 6, you will hear the dispatcher and unit on RVC command 6. If you currently can't hear the dispatcher then you probably won't hear them on the new command freq. That also depends on which mountain top repeater they are using.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I guess we'll just have to wait and see in order to be able to find out what exactly will happen.
brandon

Post by brandon »

A couple weeks ago I could hear Perris directly on 155.625 along with 159.360 (original input).
Checked again today and the signal was not there on the 155 MHz freq.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

155.625 doesn't look familiar to me. I don't remember seeing that frequency anywhere. What's the usage?
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

cvrules90 wrote:155.625 doesn't look familiar to me. I don't remember seeing that frequency anywhere. What's the usage?
I must have missed this post. 155.625 is the input freq. for RVC Command 8. This is why I saw this post. Starting tomorrow (Wednesday), RVC Command 8 will be placed into service and Support 8 will be taken down. Unknown when the other supports will be converted. No scanner changes will be required AFAIK.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

Why are they going from support to command channels ? :o
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

4and6 wrote:Why are they going from support to command channels ? :o
Good question, but if I had to guess, I'd say that it's to "copycat" San Diego County which uses command and tacticals. I dunno if Murrieta Fire will change from support to command too.