RSO Radio Plan

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
cvrules90

RSO Radio Plan

Post by cvrules90 »

Does anyone have a radio plan of the frequencies/talkgroups currently programmed into RSO mobiles and portables? Also, do all units have all talkgroups programmed (I think that the car/car station channels can't be monitored at dispatching consoles because they're just there for officer chatter)?
temfreqhunter

Re: RSO Radio Plan

Post by temfreqhunter »

cvrules90 wrote:I think that the car/car station channels can't be monitored at dispatching consoles because they're just there for officer chatter
Well, I don't know anything about a standardized radio plan, but I do know for a fact that dispatchers have the ability to monitor any and all channels. Some do and some don't, but each time I sat with a dispatcher in Riverside, they were monitoring car to car.
cvrules90

Re: RSO Radio Plan

Post by cvrules90 »

That's pretty odd. Maybe they're used primarily for car/car talk but also as tacticals which are usually the 3rd and 4th channels of each station. Lake Elsinore and Perris are pretty confusing stations.